Saturday, April 12, 2014

ALLEN ROBINSON IS A TOP FIVE DYNASTY ROOKIE

by Kevin Powell
contributing writer for fakepigskin.com, dynastynerds.com, and majorleaguefantasysports.com





Courtesy of: http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2012/09/going_deep_penn_states_allen_r.html


I have and always will be a blue bleeding Penn State Nittany Lion homer.  I cherish the victories, and agonize over the losses.  All that being said, when it comes to my dynasty rookie drafts, my love of Penn State means nothing except for the fact I watch every play and I love what I see from Allen Robinson. This is supposedly one of the deepest rookie drafts for wide receivers, maybe in history, and you shouldn't make the mistake of letting him slip through your fingers.  Allen Robinson has everything I am looking for when I am drafting a receiver in the first round.


What am I looking for, you ask?  There are the things you can't teach; height, weight, hand size, and arm length. Then there are measurables; vertical, 40 yard dash, and broad jump.  Do they play well in the big games? If I am using a first round pick on a wide receiver, I assure you they will be over 6' tall, over 200 pounds and to have 4.50 forty speed or better.  The targets spots quarterbacks have in the NFL are getting smaller these days. Corners and safeties are getting larger, taller, and faster so it makes perfect sense to me that a tall, strong, fast receiver that can give the quarterback a larger catch radius will be the ones who will be future cornerstones for a dynasty team. 

YOU CAN'T TEACH HEIGHT AND SPEED!! 

 I watched Allen Robinson throughout his career and saw a guy who made Matt McGloin look better than he really is.  Every defense was out to stop this guy, and he still dominated.  Watching  him high point a ball reminds me of Alshon Jeffrey last year.  He's 6'2", 208, 32" arms, 9.5" hands, 42" vertical, 11' broad jump and can run 4.47 forty times. The only receivers I take in front of Allen this year are Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans. His last two seasons produced 174 catches for 2450 yards and 17 touchdowns.  He led the Big 10 in receptions and receiving yards in both 2012 and 2013. He gets off the line of scrimmage very well and usually outduels defensive backs on jump balls. 

I am certainly on the A-Rob bandwagon.  Who is with me?


Courtesy of:  http://www.statecollege.com/assets/news/images/1422121_16661.jpg
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kevin Powell is a contributing writer for:

dynastynerds.com
fakepigskin.com
majorleaguefantasysports.com
dynastyfootballwarehouse.com
kpowell1962.blogspot.com

Email --kpowell1962@gmail.com
Twitter-- @kpowell1962


No comments:

Post a Comment